Car accidents can result in injuries that can make you sick, disabled and injured for a long time. No one can feel the pain of family members, who have lost anyone in an accident. Sometimes, the collision results in injuries in the head, spine or any body part that cause the death of a person. The family members are left with no other option than to contact a fatal car accident lawyer Rockford, IL. He can review the case and file the claim for the children and spouse. Some of the injuries that may prove to be fatal are elaborated below:
Categories of fatal injuries
Below mentioned are the categories of these injuries:
- Injuries due to collision– In many cases, the head-on collision of the head and steering wheel cause the immediate death of a person.
- Injuries due to penetration- The injuries that occur because of the penetration of sharp objects may cause the death of the driver or passenger.
The injuries that may result in sudden death are as follows:
- A spinal cord injury – An injury in the spine of a person can be fatal because it can cause severe injury to nerve endings. These injuries can cause breathing problems, loss of movement and paralysis.
- Brain injuries- Any severe head injury can lead to the sudden death of a person. In many cases, an injured person may sleep in a coma for several weeks, days or even months and never regain his consciousness. He dies in this state after spending some time in a coma.
- Internal bleeding or injury- If the person has received an internal injury, which may not be detected well on time, it can lead to death. If the organ has been ruptured and the bleeding does not stop, the person may die after spending some time in the hospital.
Fractures- In some cases, broken bones may lead to death if the bone fragments can rupture the organ internally. For instance, broken ribs can puncture the heart, lungs, liver and intestines. Sometimes, it can be difficult to diagnose the problem and it gets aggravated after a few days.
Dealing with a fatal accident
It can really be painful for the entire family to bear the loss. However, you should hire an attorney who can fight the case on your behalf. You may not be in the right frame of mind for many days.