If you are a business owner in India, then you will obviously be constantly on the lookout for ways and means to grow your clientele. In the modern world, the internet is a great place to find and gather leads for your business using your own website. However, in order to do this, you will need to leverage the tools and tactics of SEO.
SEO helps your business website rank higher on search engines, thus, becoming more visible to potential customers online. This enables your website to receive more organic online traffic of prospective customers who you can try to convert into becoming your actual paying customers.
Even so, many business owners and executives either find it difficult or may not have the time to strategise and implement effective SEO marketing plans. Therefore, such people can always consider investing in the services of a full-time dedicated SEO manager in India.
This post provides some practical guidelines which are sure to be of great help to you when you go about selecting the ideal dedicated SEO manager to take care of your SEO marketing needs.
Tips to Hire a Dedicated SEO Manager
Interview potential candidates to gauge whether they will be a good fit for the role
Conducting an interview to hire an SEO manager for your business is a great idea. Doing so helps you understand the personality and abilities of the person in front of you.
A Long Island search engine optimization company is dedicated to helping businesses on Long Island improve their visibility on search engines like Google, with the goal of driving more organic traffic to their websites. They specialize in optimizing for the local market and increasing web traffic.
Reliable SEO managers will want to get to know about your business in detail and in a comprehensive manner. They should not only be preoccupied with the position at which your website appears in search engine results pages (SERPs) but they should go beyond it and should want to know more about the structure and design of your website, among other things.
Therefore, when conducting interviews, you should pay careful attention to the types of questions that the candidates ask you. A dedicated SEO manager should ask you questions like the following:
- Describe your business’s ideal customer.
- Who is your target audience?
- What is your business’s USP and what are the unique features of your business’s offerings?
- Provide a profile of your current customers and how do customers find out about your business at present.
- What tactics do you currently use in order to market and promote your brand? Do you predominantly use offline advertising channels or do you also utilise online methods of marketing like social media marketing?
- Who are your business competitors? What according to you are their strengths and weaknesses? What do those business rivals do well online and/or offline?
Experienced and reliable SEO managers would never make lofty promises and fantastical claims like making your website attain the first rank in a very short span of time or guaranteeing certain SEO results. If any candidate who has applied for the position of SEO manager for your business, makes any such assertions, then it is best to not hire him/her as they likely will not be a good fit for your organisation.
Request the prospects to provide client references
In order to hire the most suitable SEO manager for your business, you should ask the interested candidates to provide you with references and testimonials from their former clients.
When you receive the details of the former customers, you can then proceed to ask them the following questions:
- Was the dedicated SEO manager a team player and was he able to effectively function within a team?
- Was your dedicated SEO manager able to clearly explain things to your team and was he/she able to guide your team through the various steps of search engine optimisation?
- Did you get satisfactory results from the dedicated SEO manager’s efforts? If so, were those results temporary or did you get positive SEO outcomes for a long period of time?
By getting to know the answers to the above questions and by learning about the experiences of other business owners or executives like yourself, you will be able to make a better decision regarding whether or not to hire a particular dedicated SEO manager.
- Test the prospects by asking them to carry out an audit of your website
In order to hire only reliable SEO managers for your business, you should test out the candidates’ SEO concepts, understanding and skills by asking them to conduct an audit of your business website. When it comes to achieving the best guaranteed SEO services, having a dedicated SEO manager can make all the difference.
Asking them to perform an audit of your website will help you understand how each candidate’s mind works, what would working with them be like and whether they will fit in perfectly with your extended team.
Optimizing your business website for search engines is essential if you want to gain more organic traffic to your website and expand your customer base.
For busy business owners and executives with not much experience in the domain of SEO, it is always best to hire a full-time dedicated SEO manager.
This write-up posits three important tips to hire an experienced SEO manager. These pointers are sure to prove very helpful in your search for the same.