If you ever end up in a car crash or on-road accident, you should be aware of your rights and must take the necessary steps to protect your interests. It is unfortunate that such accidents, collisions, and crashes are not rare in and around Los Angeles. In fact, California reports more fatal accidents than most states almost every year. Immediately after a crash, you may have many things to worry about – injuries, financial losses, lost income/wages, medical bills. However, don’t let the shock overwhelm you.
buy temovate canada https://www.parkviewortho.com/wp-content/languages/new/canada/temovate.html no prescription
Before you decide on any aspect, consult consulting one of the top car accident attorneys Los Angeles for your case. Below is a list of things you must avoid after a crash.
- Don’t panic. It is okay to feel overwhelmed after an ill-fated accident. However, don’t let that distract you. Maintain your composure and take stock of the situation. Check if someone is injured, and as needed, call 911.
- Don’t leave the scene. You may feel that the accident is not a major one, and therefore, you can leave the scene. It is always wise to inform the police and wait for an investigating officer to arrive. You could end up facing a criminal charge otherwise.
- Don’t ignore your injuries. Many accident injuries only show up later. Even if you believe that your injuries are not that severe, check with a doctor. Ensure that you let the doctor know that you sustained the injuries in a road accident.
- Don’t blame anyone. People often feel the natural urge to confront the other party about their actions following a car accident. Do not do that or blame the other driver. Wait for the investigation to happen in due time.
- Don’t admit fault. California has claimant-friendly rules, but no matter the situation, do not accept fault. Even when you believe that your action might have caused the accident, never say anything to anyone except for your lawyer.
- Don’t post anything on social media. Anything you post on social media or share with others can go against you. Make sure that you limit your conversations about the accident, even with your family and friends.
Finally, don’t step back from hiring a lawyer. Most accident lawyers in LA take a contingency fee, and therefore, you don’t need a big budget to hire a lawyer. Your lawyer will charge a part of the final recovery only when you win a settlement from the other party.