2022 Recap: The Top 5 Rotiform Wheels That Proved (Almost) Unbeatable!
Since 2009, Rotiform Wheels have maintained a pretty impressive lead over several major manufacturers of aftermarket beauties. Incidentally, 2009 was also when Fuel rims were introduced by MHT Luxury Alloys for off-road use. Both of them are big names now, not only across the United States but worldwide.
However, Rotiform makes a lot many different types of rims than Fuel does. Contrary to what some people say, their products are manufactured not in China but right here in the United States. It is currently owned by Wheel Pros and has its headquarters in California.
Like all other biggies in this niche, Rotiform too upgrades its collection every year to remain relevant and maintain its competitive edge. 2022 was no different.
As 2023 arrives, here’s a look at the top 5 Rotiform Wheels that sold in great numbers and will continue to dominate the market for a few more years.
The most popular Rotiform models
If you are still dithering and are unsure about which rims to choose from, perhaps this little list will be of great help!
- R120 SPF: The R120 is an important member of the company’s ever-expanding cast Monoblock rims. Simply put, it means that the rims are made from a single block of aviation-grade aluminum alloy. In the automotive industry, that’s the 6061-T6 alloy that boasts superior tensile strength without the added weight.
The R120 has been a longstanding model that has not lost its sheen thanks to incremental upgrades, both aesthetic and functional, over the years. Currently available in diameters of 18 and 19-inches, these cast rims are capable of handling extreme loads and can hold their own on off-road conditions too. That said, Rotiform recommends these rims for city use.
The 10-spoked R120 SPF can be easily identified by the twinning of the spokes, a clever piece of design that makes it look as if it has 5 big spokes touching the inner lip. The conical lugs & finely machined central profile add to the brownie points.
These rims are excellent for sedans, coupes, saloons, and mid-size SUVs.
- R110 BLQ: Are you looking for a set of Rotiform Wheels for your hatchback? Try out the R110 BLQ, another cast Monoblock model but with enough panache to turn heads even if you are driving a battered VW Polo! Unlike the R120 SPF, this model has 3 sizes and the 20-inch rim looks great on subcompact SUVs too.
The R110 BLQ is set to receive a facelift in the first few months of 2023 if market analysts are to be believed. These rims have a load rating of 1600 pounds and are available in an array of dazzling colors.
Ditch the silver and matte or glossy blacks and head over to your nearest retailer for candy red R110 rims! As they say, if you have it, you might as well flaunt it.
- Staggered R141 RSE: These staggered rims are widely acknowledged as some of the most handsome Rotiform models available. Offered in sizes between 17 and 20-inches, the R141 is yet another Monoblock model that’s perfect for subcompact and sporty sedans like the Dodge Attitude & several Hyundai cars.
Because these are staggered rims, you can go right ahead and fit oversized tires without worrying about later problems in navigation or fuel efficiency. There is no compromise on acceleration and a spanking new set of R141 RSE rims help you extract a lot more performance from your everyday-use vehicle.
Of late, many EV owners are migrating towards this particular model. Some reports suggest that 3 premium electric vehicles – the Tesla Model 3, Audi’s e-tron, and the Lucid Air – look extraordinarily gorgeous with the R141 RSE. Rotiform Wheels knows this a lot better for obvious reasons, and perhaps that’s why a facelift is in the pipeline, plus more color options.
- R142 LAS-R: Weighing anywhere between 26 and 31 pounds, the R142 is the most prominent face of the company’s LAS-R range. The R142 is an incredibly sophisticated rim that packs a punch on city and suburban roads and is one of very few wheels that bring alive the magic of heritage cars.
A lot of that has to do with the imaginative spoke design which looks a lot like a mesh that radiates from a larger-than-usual central hub. This lends it the timeless JDM and muscle rim look, the kind that dominated the world in the Swinging Sixties.
Make no mistake, however; these are very capable Monoblock rims with plenty of options for customizations. It does not matter if you drive a low-slung Mustang or a heavily modded BMW E36/E-46 3-Series; these rims are perfect for both work and fun!
- R134 FLG: Let’s round up (for now) with the FLG cast alloy rim family from Rotiform. The R134 is one of a handful of 1-piece alloy rims that weigh less than 27 pounds. For now, there is only one size available, and that’s 18-inches. But the FLG family’s performance record and sales figures – especially that of the R-134 – means that a few more sizes will soon be added.
Its 5 spokes branch out to form honeycomb patterns before they kiss the inner surface. The design is intentional, of course, as Rotiform has imbued this model with extra strength and durability.
This is the model you should rely upon if you are fond of off-roading on tricky terrain. It’s perfect for pickups and small trucks, although they do justice to smaller passenger vehicles too.
Before we go…
Watch out for fake Rotiform Wheels! There are plenty of them and it’s best if you purchase your favorite set from established retailers only. We would suggest California’s AudioCity USA – in business for around 34 years – but it is your choice in the end!