Visa policies are generally influenced by various elements, including diplomatic relations, security concerns, and government policies. However, as of now, it is not really challenging to get a visa from Qatar. The country offers quite a liberal visa policy that allows nationals of over 95 eligible countries to enter visa-free or obtain a visa waiver upon arrival in Qatar, ranking 57th in the Henley Passport Index of the most powerful passports in the world.
Nonetheless, applying for an accurate visa from Qatar’s varied list of visas can be tedious. Hence, to make things easier, we have gathered a list of some Qatari visas, their requirements and the Qatar visa check procedure.
Qatar visa-free entry
Qatar offers visa-free entry to travellers from over 95 nationalities for both 90 days and 30 days. These lists can be easily located online.
Citizens of India and Pakistan can also enter visa-free into Qatar for a period of 30 days, provided they fulfill the following additional requirements:
- A passport that is at minimum valid for at least another six months
- Confirmed return/onward air tickets
- Accommodation booking made on Discover Qatar for the duration of the stay
- Health insurance
- Pakistani travellers must submit a certificate of vaccination against polio.
Qatar additionally offers various visas for applicants who are not eligible to apply for a Qatar visa-on-arrival or visa-free travel to Qatar. Some of these include
Qatar tourist visa
The Qatar tourist visa or the A1 visa is designed for tourists who wish to travel to Qatar for a single trip lasting up to 30 days.
The following are some of the documents required to apply for a Qatar tourist visa:
- A passport that is at minimum valid for at least another six months. The passport should also be proven valid for additional 90 days after departure date.
- Proof of a return or onward ticket outlining your travel itinerary.
- Proof of accommodation
- Proof of valid health insurance that covers your entire stay duration in Qatar.
Qatar family residence visa
The Qatar family visit visa, or the Qatar family residence visa, is a type of Qatar residence visa that enables expatriate residents in Qatar to sponsor their family members for an extended stay in the country. It is a requirement for all family members, even including infants, to hold a family residence visa to reside in Qatar.
Some of the documents required to apply for the visa include:
- A fully completed application form.
- Copy of your Qatar ID card.
- Copy of your passport (including the front page displaying your name, photo, and other identifying information).
- An attested copy of your Marriage Certificate.
- Copies of your children’s birth certificates that have been certified, if applicable.
- No Objection Letter issued by your organization detailing your qualifications and income. This letter should be written in Arabic and dated within the last three months.
- Copy of your Company Registration Card or Employer Qatar ID.
- A certified copy of your Rental Agreement, endorsed by the Municipality, or alternate proof from your company.
- A six-month bank statement stamped by the bank to verify your salary details.
- Work contract that has been verified by the Ministry Of Administrative Development, Labour and Social Affairs.
Please note that some additional documents might also be required. Hence, make sure to consult your Embassy/Consulate or visa application centre regarding the documents required.
How to perform Qatar visa status check?
The Qatar visa check procedure is relatively straightforward. Generally, the status of a Qatari visa can be checked through the Qatar Ministry of Interior website by following the steps given below:
- Visit the Ministry of Interior website, and select ‘Visa Services’ from the menu.
- Choose ‘Visa Inquiry & Printing.’
- You can check the status using either your visa number or passport number.
- Select your nationality and input the provided verification code.
- Proceed by clicking ‘Submit.’
- You will now be able to check the status of your visa.
Applying for a visa from Qatar can be a complex process, involving a variety of challenges that applicants need to anticipate and overcome. However, with accurate information and appropriate guidance concerning the distinct visa categories, securing a visa from Qatar can be easy and convenient.